In a situation like today, how often do we have video meetings? Well, the answer is at least once a day. When physical meetings are impossible but we still have work to do, a family to feed and we cannot work in isolation as we have teams assigned to us, to help us achieve the task more effectively.
As the world of video meetings has bloomed, we turn our heads towards zoom cloud meetings, which is one of the most versatile and reliable apps to have video meetings.
It is very safe and secure to use and its simplistic user interface allows even a novice to use it effectively.
In this article, we will be mentioning two methods by which you can download the Zoom app for PC.
Zoom App Download for PC using BlueStacks
To download the Zoom App windows version, you need to use an emulator which will configure a user interface like that of a smartphone on your PC. For that, download the BlueStacks emulator from the link given on its official website bluestacks.com.
Step 1: After the installation of the emulator is complete, open Google PlayStore on its home screen.
Step 2: Search for the Zoom app and click on install.
Step 3: Once installed, open the app and enjoy having great meetings.
Zoom App Download Free for Laptop using NoxPlayer
Another such emulator just like BlueStacks is the NoxPlayer. To install Zoom app for Windows laptop, go to its official website bignox.com and download it using the link given there.
Step 1: Once it is installed, you can open Google PlayStore from the home screen.
Step 2: Look for the Zoom App and install it using the button next to it.
Step 3: After it is installed, you can open it and start using it.
Features of Zoom App for Laptop
1. Personal Meeting Rooms: Zoom app allows you to have your own personal meeting room, where you can summon people as many times as you wish without having to create a new meeting room each time you sign in. It saves a lot of time for both the host and the attendees.
2. Appearance Touch-Up: We all have bad nights and sometimes our mornings begin late while at home. But during a work meeting, it is important to look professional. If you do not have the time for it, don’t worry as the zoom app has this amazing feature where it applies a soft touch up throughout your screen so that you look fresh and professional and without having to go through the grinding.
3. Multi-Share Screen: Now it is possible to have multiple people share their screens at the same time. It helps reduce the hassle and makes collaboration even easier. If you have two monitors, you can even share both the screens at the same time.
4. Calendar Integration: Are you one of those who need to schedule every work meeting and are not too great with remembering the scheduled time themselves? Well with zoom cloud meetings, you can mark up your calendar and it attaches the link for the video meeting on the scheduled date and time so that you are reminded of your meeting beforehand and you don’t miss it.
5. Virtual Background: If you have got a messy room and you do not want it to show up in the meeting, zoom has a solution. You can choose a virtual background where it blurs out your background and applies the custom background that you chose.
Also Check – How to Download Night Owl App for Laptop?
Alternatives to Zoom App for Windows
During the pandemic, there were a lot of platforms that came out with their very own version of the zoom app for having video meetings. We have listed a few of the best alternatives of the zoom app for pc.
1. Google Mee
This is an app by Google and is quite similar to the Zoom App. You can start virtual meetings instantly or schedule them for later. Its easy-to-use user interface garnered a lot of audiences and has become quite popular since its release.
2. Cisco Webex
Generally used by professionals, this app is another video meeting platform that is in great use. The most interesting part about this is it does not cap on the number of participants in a meeting. It is widely used for conducting webinars where generally there are a lot of participants as compared to a regular meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is The Zoom App For Windows Free?
Yes, the zoom app for Windows is absolutely free to download. You can download it on your Windows PC using the methods listed above and start using zoom. However, the free version of the app allows only 40 minutes of meeting time. You will have to upgrade it to the paid version to avail more features.
Is It Safe To Use The Zoom App on Laptop?
Yes, it is very safe to use the Zoom App on laptop for video meetings as all the meetings are encrypted and the data cannot be leaked. All the data is stored in the zoom servers and has encryption.
Do I Have To Sign In To Join A Zoom Meeting on PC?
Yes, you will have to sign in to the zoom app to join a meeting on your PC using a link or meeting id and passcode. You can sign in to the zoom app using your Google or Facebook account.
Can I Share My Screen While Someone Else Is Sharing Theirs During A Zoom Meeting?
Yes, zoom allows a multiple screen sharing option, where multiple people can share their screens for better collaboration.
Zoom for PC is a great app for cloud video meetings. Here we have shared two methods by which you can install the app on your pc. We have also listed a few alternatives for the Zoom App. Lastly, we have answered a few frequently asked questions and we hope it helps!