If you are a fan of news and want to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings, then SmartNews is an app for you. It is a free news aggregator which keeps users updated about their favorite topics through notifications.
The app can be downloaded from Google Play Store and Apple App Store. But the problem with these apps is that they are limited to smartphones only, which means if you don’t own a smartphone, then you won’t get the SmartNews app on your Windows PC at all.
There could be several reasons behind your inclination towards SmartNews, like one may want to read news on the bigger screen of the computer; maybe you do not possess a smartphone or some other connected device. Whatever be your reason, this article helps you download SmartNews App for PC/Laptop running Windows OS (Windows 7-10 included).
Table of Contents
Download SmartNews App for PC – Windows 10/8/7
But before we begin with downloading SmartNews to PC or Laptop, you need to download Bluestacks App Player.
This is a multi-purpose tool that allows you to run Android apps and games on Windows devices. You can get it from here: https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html
Note: When downloading Bluestacks, make sure you select the option of downloading 32 bit or 64 bit according to your OS.
There are other Android emulators available, but they do not have the capability of running SmartNews App on PC or Laptop. Only Bluestacks is capable enough to run the SmartNews app for Windows OS.
Here’s how you can download SmartNews app for Windows PC:
Step 1) You will need to download an Android emulator for Windows. There are many free android emulators, but BlueStacks is recommended because it’s the best.
Step 2) Download SmartNews app for PC using APKPure . Make sure you select “SmartNews” during the search so that only the right app comes up in your search result.
Step 3) Once SmartNews for PC is downloaded, click on the downloaded apk file to run it. That’s it!
Step 4) You can also install SmartNews app on your Windows PC using Bluestacks or any other Android emulator of your choice.
Step 5) If you wish to connect BlueStacks with your Google account, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Google Play Store onto your PC using BlueStacks.
- Now, go to Menu -> Accounts -> Add account -> Google
- Login using your Google ID
- That’s it! You can now access all Android apps on your Windows PC by navigating to the All Apps section of the main menu in BlueStacks.
You’re all set! Now go to the All Apps section in BlueStacks and click on SmartNews to use it on your Windows PC.
SmartNews App Features
1. Readers are allowed to create personalized news feeds based on their interests.
2. You can protect your feed by creating a PIN or use the default 1234 code provided by the app.
3. SmartNews shows you total time consumed reading each story along with its length, which helps you make smart decisions regarding what to read and how much of it.
4. SmartNews App learns to understand what you like and suggests stories accordingly, which also helps you discover new topics that interest you. You can always change your interests or click on the “Not Interested” button to remove a topic from your feed.
5. Another great way SmartNews app keeps its users updated is by sending notifications. You can even make your own custom feeds and set them as priority to get the best out of SmartNews app.
1) How do I download SmartNews for PC?
Answer: To download SmartNews on Windows PCs, follow step 4 of the guide mentioned above. You can download it using Bluestacks or any other Android emulator.
2) Can I use SmartNews on Mac?
Answer: No, SmartNews can only be used on Windows operating systems and cannot be downloaded for MacOS. It is designed to work on all versions of Windows OS (Windows 7-10 included).
3) Is it available in local languages?
Answer: SmartNews app is currently available in English, French, German, Indonesian language and other languages.
4) How do I get notifications?
Answer: You can configure SmartNews to send you notifications about all your favorite topics by following these steps:
i) Click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines at the top-left corner of the screen)
ii) Click on Account -> Notifications. You can now choose whether to receive notifications about topics or stories you are interested in, or all of them.
5) How do I create a feed?
Answer: SmartNews allows users to categorize news stories so they can easily track their favorite topics. To create a new feed, click on the Menu button (three horizontal lines) at the top-left corner of your screen.